The prom night is one of the most important events, especially for young ladies. It’s the time where you can wear a formal dress and celebrate a milestone and achievement with family and friends. To make sure the evening goes seamless (no pun intended), here is the perfect prom planning checklist. Including where in Calgary to get your grad dress alterations.
Perfect Prom Planning Checklist
- Get the girls together and have fun trying on and finding your grad dress
- Book an appointment for your hair & make-up
- Drop the hits to your date to order a prom corsage
- Visit Calgary’s talented seamstresses and tailors at the Sewing Studio by Fishman’s
- Gather your graduation tribe and book your limo service
The Perfect Night Deserves the Perfect Fit
It is really rare for someone to find a gown that matches one size exactly, which means alterations are necessary to make it fit perfectly.
Common alterations are
- Taking in the waist
- Taking in the bust
- Adjusting the straps
- Adjusting the neckline
- Custom fitting the hem
In order to provide you with high-quality grad dress alterations in Calgary, we need to see the dress. There are many details that we can see only when the gown is on you. For ideal fit remember to bring the proper bra and heels that you will be wearing or as close as possible.
Grad dresses are typically made of satin or an equally fragile fabric. Therefore, it’s best to have them altered by a professional tailor who specializes wedding dress, evening gowns and grad dress alterations such as Fishman’s Personal Care Cleaners.